Saturday, December 15, 2012

[aaykarbhavan] Re: {Amresh's CA's} Language in the forum



Respected Padmanabhanji,
                              Thanks for comments.
                              With full respect I write for information. Do not misunderstand me . I have observed many querrist jumped up to one start up for a question. When I was student , I always put question to Prof D D Trivedi, one of the then Director of Ratnamani Engineering Limited in 31.03.1994. After incidence of the case I mentioned , case of dividend paid out of capital, illegal payment of dividend, resigned from the Board as Director!!
                            I was given immediate answers to many questions in class out of 45 minuted 35 minutes for answer in detail. Immediately in last 15 shift to the subject matter of Chapter of Business Administration. He always gave advise that be a part of through in any subject. I also pit questions to one Senior C A for answer. He always said in next time I will give answer.!!!!!!That is a professional quality of a professional. This also reminds me of one Teacher in School. He was always giving preaches of Swami Viveanandji. Almost  30 minutes out of 40 minutes. In last 10 minutes he come to the subject matter and surprisingly one chapter of the subject was completed!!!
                     I always give answer in brief to touch the subject matter. We all being professional should give correct touch to the subject matter. I some time back gave an incidence of Fraud in one Safe Bank of India of cash deposit. I from my self studied and came to conclusion how to find out the fallacies in this case. It is correct that the person thrown a way the counter of cash payment. But the date was known to him, being on the same date when his wife paid the amount by transfer .But all and everything I pointed out from my own experience. The person was amazed when I concluded from my thinking.
         Let me tell you my educational Background . I left study after passing 8th Grade. When ABC of English was taught  . After 5 years of break I started for SSC. I got 68 marks in English!!!
          I accept that my English may be weak than our Sagittarius brother. Without name. But I always give respect to every body
and all the time.
Regards,
C A Shah D J
USA





From: Gopathy Padmanabhan <pgopathy@rocketmail.com>
To: ICAI_CIRC_MEERUT_CA@yahoogroups.com; ramachandran.mahadevan@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, 15 December 2012 5:53 AM
Subject: {Amresh's CA's} Language in the forum

 
Dear CA Ramachandran Sir,
 
I think my observation has been misunderstood.
 
The members have been asking the same queries repeatedly. Mr. Shah who sends so many references has also once stated that before coming to this forum, members should make research on their own first. In spite of the number of links he provides,  querries are thrown in just like that by such members, without making any effort. In that context only, I referred your observation a couple of days back about the valuation report, wherein you have referred the mail of Mr. Shah's reference to Ratnamani.
 
May be I was wrong in assuming that you supported the view of Mr. Shah that members should complete their home work before they throw querries to this forum.  
 
However, I don't understand the need for the last sentence: Please appreciate the right of members who write CA examination in Hindi. This has already been touched upon by Ca Agarwalji that: I give benefit of doubt to him that he may have schooling in non English medium, but with little hard work he can improve upon his English writing so as to be becoming of a CA, which would help his cases before authorities, else his writing may at time have a different meaning and he may loose the case on account of himself. This must be true concerning 90% of the members in this forum, including me.
 
The whole idea of our correspondence was with regard to better presentation by our professional brothers. Nothing else and nothing beyond that.
 
If you feel that I unnecessarily referred your sentence in that mail, may be it is because of my poor understanding of the language.
 
Senior citizens like us never wish to hurt anyone, but take pride in guiding people in the right direction. But it is also equally true that as the goes up and up, reflexes are down and down. May be that is how I misread your sentence.
 
With all my respects to your age and experience
G. Padmanabhan

--- On Fri, 12/14/12, Ramachandran Mahadevan <ramachandran.mahadevan@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Ramachandran Mahadevan <ramachandran.mahadevan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: {Amresh's CA's} Language in the forum
To: "ICAI_CIRC_MEERUT_CA@yahoogroups.com" <ICAI_CIRC_MEERUT_CA@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, December 14, 2012, 7:13 PM

 
Dear Shri Padmanabhan,

Appreciate your mail.
Your comments on valuation report
Are in bad taste as the same
Has been appreciated by Shri Dipakji
Who has earlier replied to the query of the member
Before placing a query one can search at the group.
Please appreciate the right of members who
Write CA examination in Hindi.

Regards

Ramachandran m


Sent from my iPad

On Dec 14, 2012, at 6:09 PM, Gopathy Padmanabhan <pgopathy@rocketmail.com> wrote:

 

Dear CA Agarwalji
I was the one who wrote long back that members do not spend a little more time to check their mails for spelling or grammatical errors, before clicking on the send button. As you observed that there was a big hue and cry and English Vinglish was released by our members right then.
 
My concern was that this forum is not exclusively for CAs. People from various walks of life are also taking part in the discussions. Hence, I expressed the opinion that the language of some of the members needs to be tuned up.
 
The forum being flooded with so many petty queries, which in my opinion are not expected from a CA, puts a question mark over the whole fraternity in the society and has resulted many members to abstain from this forum. In fact we have grown in numbers but the quality of discussions on this forum have gone down. - Not a scathing remark, but a fact. Recently, Mr. Ramachandran also expressed his displeasure at a member asking for the valuation report repeatedly.
 
(This is in a lighter sense Agarwalji - The parasite has caught on you too.
I remember in past a member has cautioned members to see that they are righting correct English but many members admonished him, with the result members have been care free to invent their own English language.

Eventually, I am afraid that more and more one reads the kind of writing you referred to, there is every possibility of you and me also going astray.)
Thanks and regards
G. Padmanabhan




__._,_.___


receive alert on mobile, subscribe to SMS Channel named "aaykarbhavan"
[COST FREE]
SEND "on aaykarbhavan" TO 9870807070 FROM YOUR MOBILE.

To receive the mails from this group send message to aaykarbhavan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment